Bat Math and Activities is a great integrated resource for the Fall season, Halloween, or as an addition to a bat research project. The word problem task cards will keep your students engaged as they practice several math skills and learn about bats. There are 12 self-checking math problems with the answer on the back. Students can play a board game with them or put a geometric bat puzzle together as they play. Teachers also have the option of using these problems in worksheet form. Separate answer sheets are available to assess student thinking and ability. Choices also include how your students record their answers. But the fun doesn’t end there. Also included is a bat kite project, bat craft activities, and bat coloring sheets with a space for writing a caption. All color pages come in black and white for your printing needs. This product is great for centers, whole class activities, projects, bat research study, and individual math practice.
PLEASE CHECK THE PREVIEW.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS INCLUDED
CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.4 Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.5 Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number, and multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.2 Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NBT.A.3 Use place value understanding to round multi-digit whole numbers to any place.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.1 Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb., oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A.3 Recognize a line of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts. Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A.2 Recognize right triangles as a category, and identify right triangles.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE
* Directions and suggestions
* BATTY BUG HUNT Board Game with bat game pieces (in color or black and white)
* GEOMETRIC BAT PUZZLE that can be used separately or put together as students use the math task cards.
* 12 SELF-CHECKING MATH WORD PROBLEM TASK CARDS (in color or black and white)
* WORKSHEETS with the same 12 problems for students to show their work and answers.
* BAT ANSWER SHEETS for students to write their answers and explain their thinking.
* SHORT ANSWER RECORDING SHEETS used as an alternative for quick assessment.
* ANSWER KEY
* 4 BAT CENTER SIGNS that give student directions (3 color choices and 1 black and white)
* 3 BAT COLORING PAGES with a box at the bottom for students to write a caption.
* MAKE A BAT KITE PROJECT with pattern, directions, and suggestions for use.
* BAT FINGER PUPPETS that includes 2 different choices and suggestions for use.
* BAT SYMMETRY ART ACTIVITY for a geometry lesson. Can then be used to hang from the ceiling and decorate your classroom.
* BAT MASK that students can wear for fun or when giving a bat presentation.
* KID FRIENDLY BAT WEBSITE LIST for research or reference.
*KID FRIENDLY BAT YOUTUBE SITES for introduction to bats, research, or added fun.
MORE MATH PRACTICE
Bat Math, Bat Activities, Bat Projects for 3rd Grade
St Patrick’s Day Math Word Problem Task Card Review for Grades 4 and 5: Shamrock Bakery Game
St Patrick’s Day Math Word Problem Task Card Review for Grades 3 and 4: Shamrock Bakery Game
MORE HALLOWEEN MATH (Great for centers)
Halloween Math Word Problems for 4th Grade
Halloween Math Word Problems for 3rd Grade
Halloween Math Word Problems for 5th Grade
MORE COMMON CORE RESOURCES
Thanksgiving Turkey Word Problem Task Cards Center for 4th: CCSS Aligned
Christmas Math Word Problems Task Cards Center for 4th: CCSS Aligned
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at email@example.com.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.