Beebot Math Stations Pack
Math stations covering direction, control, coordinates, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: EXTRA RESOURCES ARE NEEDED, AND YOU MAY NEED TO AMEND DOWNLOADS TO SUIT YOUR OWN RESOURCES
Learning Objective of entire lesson: To use different tools for exploring co-ordinates and direction.
Learning Objectives in the stations:
1. To use the iPad to find items on a map when given coordinates
2. To use the interactive whiteboard to read and select correct coordinates
3. To find letters by using the given coordinates.
4. To find and colour in all given coordinates and find a secret image.
5. To use a compass to find your way on a short walk through school
6. To create a route using compass points to reach a predetermined destination with a beebot.
7. To follow directions to get to a predetermined destination using a beebot.
8. To place items into the right squares, when given coordinates
9. To use coordinates on a map to find cities.
Included in the pack:
- High (Risk-Takers), Medium (Inquirers), and Low (Thinkers) differentiated task cards for 9 stations. These cards have questions for each group.
- Blank answer sheet for all groups to use.
- Letter find sheet for station 4
PLEASE NOTE: Extra resources needed:
- iPad/iPhone and app – “Beebot” free from the Apple Store
- Interactive Whiteboard or computer set up to coordinates games. The link I made for my students is included in the instructions page is no longer in service. Suggestions for you are https://www.mathplayground.com/index_geometry.html or search for your own interactive coordinates game for this station.
- Pencil crayons
- Compass (app on iphone also works well)
- Beebots or some other sort of small robot for directional control
- Beebot mats (I used the city and the cvc words from the dizzytron) or alternative
- Large real life masking tape grid on a rug with coordinates for A-D and 1-6
- Large map or atlas – you might need to change the coordinates questions to match your map.