Binary Coding without computers. 5 activities to introduce students to Binary Coding.
This resource introduces students to the coding methods of Binary. Students will learn the 'on' and 'off' method of Binary while exploring the activities. Perfect for problem solving or STEM time in the classroom.
- Binary Coding Explained
- Binary Alphabet Conversion
- Code your name in Binary
- Code a Picture
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #1
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #2
- Code Your Own Worksheet
- How to Use this resource ideas
Blackline also included
After completing these activities students should be able to:
- apply the Binary method to other coding problems
- gain an understanding of computer language
- problem solve errors and correct them
- eventually move onto more advanced languages of coding
Please MODEL and clearly discuss directions for this activity to allow students the greatest chance of success
Teacher Notes: Printing out the 'Code Your Name in Binary' onto colored card makes for a great name tag, bag tag or name label.
⇒Feedback and Followers
Click the Green ★ to FOLLOW MY STORE
CURIOSITY and the HUNGRY MIND
and get notifications of new product.
Did you know that you can receive credit toward future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through "My Purchases" under "My Account" at TpT.