Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Binary Coding without computers. 5 activities to introduce students to Binary Code.
Save over 25% by buying this product as part of a bundle
This resource introduces students to the coding methods of Binary. Students will learn the 'on' and 'off' method of Binary while exploring the activities. Perfect for problem solving or STEM time in the classroom.
- Binary Coding Explained
- Binary Alphabet Conversion
- Code your name in Binary
- Code a Picture
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #1
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #2
- Code Your Own Worksheet
- How to Use this resource ideas
Blackline also included
After completing these activities students should be able to:
- apply the Binary method to other coding problems
- gain an understanding of computer language
- problem solve errors and correct them
- eventually move onto more advanced languages of coding
Please MODEL and clearly discuss directions for this activity to allow students the greatest chance of success
Please Note: When using letters, all binary coding letters start with a zero first, therefore it is often omitted when writing coding. For this reason, I have chosen to include 7 digits.
Teacher Notes: Printing out the 'Code Your Name in Binary' onto colored card makes for a great name tag, bag tag or name label.
You may also like:
⇒Feedback and Followers
★ FOLLOW MY STORE ★
CURIOSITY and the HUNGRY MIND and get notifications of new product.