Book talks are a wonderful way for students to demonstrate their understanding of books they read while practicing their writing and speaking skills. The resources in this free book talk product are designed to help students create the most engaging and comprehensive book talks possible. The book talk resources can be used as a book report or book review!
Book Talks - Student Resources:
- Book Talk Overview – Provides students with background information on book talks, how to complete a book talk, what to include in a book talk, and includes a sample book talk.
- Book Talk Pre-Write – Step-by-step guide to help students plan and begin writing their book talks.
- Book Talk Final Copy – Page for students to write their book talk final copy. Includes reminders for book talk elements and ideas for “jazzing up” book talks.
- Presenting A Book Talk – Guided notes on presenting a book talk.
Book Talks - Teacher Resources:
- Presenting A Book Talk – KEY
Great news! There are two sets of bonus freebies in this download. You'll find a set of Daily Doodle Vocabulary Tasks and 3 This or That Daily Warm-Ups inside!
FYI: The resources in this freebie are also in the Independent Reading Program. The Independent Reading Program is a 6-week program where students read self-selected books and complete 8 assignments to demonstrate and develop their comprehension and reading skills. Over the course of six weeks students will complete a Pre-Read, Journal Entry, Reading Strategy Graphic Organizer, Final Response and Book Talk. All assignments are designed to be glued into or completed in a steno notebook. Click here to learn all about it.
You might also like…
Back to School Best Sellers:
- Back to School Toolkit
- First Day of School Activities
- Classroom Management - Tips, Tricks, and Tools
- School Year Starter Pack- 1st Day of School, Classroom Management, 4 ELA Units!
Popular Reading Resources:
- Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit SUPER BUNDLE! Making Inferences, Main Idea, Predictions, Sequencing, Cause and Effect, and Context Clues
- "Casey at the Bat" Unit
- Reading Response Project - Any Book! - Create a Newspaper
Favorite Writing Units:
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction