This collaborative poster is a great coloring activity the whole class will greatly enjoy doing. It illustrates a few Canadian Symbols such as the flag, the maple leaf, the beaver, etc… It’s perfect both as a starting point or as a final task for a Canada themed unit!
Just give one or two images per student and let them choose their favorite pencils or felt pens for this coloring activity. Once all the pictures are all colored, they will assemble them carefully to get a giant poster. Remember to have a look at your students’ faces : you will notice how proud they are of their own creation every time they step into the classroom.
If you want to learn more, please read our blog article (in French): , in which every step is clearly detailed and illustrated.
Elements featured in this Canadian symbols collaborative poster
- The map of Canada
- The Canadian Flag
- A Canadian two-dollar coin
- A Canadian one-dollar coin
- A beaver
- Other wildlife animals such as a caribou, a Canadian goose, a polar bear and a whale
- A maple leaf, maple sap collecting
- A totem pole
- An inukshuk
- A girl playing hockey
- A “mountie” in uniform
Follow up speaking or writing activity
You can ask your students to do some research and talk about one of the symbols illustrated on the poster: hockey, maple syrup production, Canadian money, the Indigenous Peoples of Canada, Canadian wildlife.
3 options are included in this resource
- color code written on each image : a color recap worksheet will prepare the students for this coloring activity
- no color code : let your students express their creativity!
- an already colored version of the poster : all you need to do is assemble the poster and display it in the classroom. Note that colors may vary from the one indicated on the version #1 of the poster.
Bonus: you will get a coloring page of this Canadian symbols collaborative poster you students can paste in their notebook.
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this!
You can also follow me on , on or on !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.