Move away from the traditional in-class worksheets and engage chemistry students in a collaborative learning experience by using the Chemical Reactions Task Cards. Additionally, the task cards serve as a great differentiation tool by allowing the teacher to provide multiple ways to engage the lesson content that incorporate various learning styles.
Suggestions for product use are included; however, as always, the teacher may decide how s/he would like to utilize the cards in the classroom. Grades 8-12 – level will vary depending on region.
Chemical Reactions: Task Cards product includes:
- 60 Task Cards Total (all include a simple black border):
----Version 1: Color and numbered
----Version 2: Color and unnumbered
----Version 3: Black & White and numbered
----Version 4: Black & White and unnumbered.
The non-numbered versions allow you to pick and choose which cards you would like the students to answer.
---A blank editable template (card) is included if you wish to add additional questions.
• Counting atoms (includes binary compounds, polyatomic ions and hydrates)
• Calculating the mass of a compound (molar mass)
• Conservation of Mass/Matter (including balancing equations)
• Reaction types (synthesis/addition, decomposition, single-replacement, double-replacement, and combustion)
• Nomenclature review is included (as some cards require students to write a formula before counting atoms or balancing an equation).
As mentioned earlier, this product serves as a differentiation tool because you are able to tailor a set for students; or if students know their needs, then they can design their own learning experience. For example, if James knows how to count atoms and is familiar with reaction types, but struggles with the Conservation of Mass, then you can instruct him to complete the Conservation of Mass cards only.
The difficulty level increases as students progress through the set.
Here are a few examples of how teachers can use my Task Cards in the classroom:
• Individual or group work
• Provide to early finishers
• Play class games to help review concepts
• Select certain cards for warm-ups/exit tickets
• Provide as make-up work or during sub days
• Use as left-side activities for the interactive notebook
• Select certain cards to develop your own choice menu
• Utilize as Kagan-style activities such as Quiz-Quiz-Trade
• Use as part of a blitz camp to help prepare for a standardized exam
• Create stations based on assessment type (e.g. Literacy station, Technology Station, Research Station, Performance Arts Station, Teaching Station, Quick-Write Station, Small-scale lab Station, and more!)
Check out my other Task Cards.
Chemistry Task Cards Series Bundle (9-in-1 )
(1) Atomic Structure Task Cards
(2) Covalent Bonding & VSEPR Task Cards
(3) Ionic Bonding Task Cards
(4) Matter Task Cards
(5) Periodic Table Task Cards
(6) Scientific Notation Task Cards
(7) Significant Figures Task Cards
(8) Aqueous Solutions Task Cards
"Bond with James" on social media for additional insights, videos, freebies strategies, and more!
Newsletter - find out about new products, updates, sales, and time specific flash freebies
Bond with James' Blog
**TERMS OF PURCHASE & COPYRIGHT NOTICE**
The copyright for this product will be strictly enforced. Please thoroughly read and contact me if you have any questions.
[A] A single purchase of this product is for individual classroom use by the purchaser only. Additional licenses my be purchased for multiple classrooms. District representatives may contact me for discounts.
[B] Scanning, electronic copying, file sharing, redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet, or with others, is strictly prohibited. This includes sharing and/or distribution across a campus, school district, region, or conference workshop.
[C] You may not recreate any part(s) of this product to create items to sell or share with others.
[D] All copyrights of clip art images used belong to their respective owners [as acknowledge in the product] and are not being sold. I do not claim ownership over the clip art used in my products.
Disregarding the copyright of this product will subject you to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and legal action. Violations may also result in the immediate contact of school, district, school board, and/or state service center representatives to inform them of your disregard of the Terms of Purchase and DMCA law.
Chemical Reactions: Task Cards created by © James Lyas (Bond with James), All Rights Reserved.