This Circle Classwork set comes with 5 worksheets. Each sheet has 8 problems- including 4 example or guided practice questions and 4 graded questions. This set reviews parts of a Circle. Students will review the definitions of circumference, radius, chord, and diameter. Sometimes students will have to identify parts of a circle by their definition or by using a picture. Students will also have to determine the radius when given the diameter and vice versa. It is an EXCELLENT way for students to review and an AWESOME way for teachers focus on what students need help with before a big test or quiz.
This classwork could be used several ways. Here are a few suggestions.
1. The teacher could complete the example side using the overhead or document camera and then the students could complete the other side for a grade.
2. The students could complete the example side independently and the teacher could check those problems. Then students could complete the other side for a grade.
3. Teachers could have students pick 4 problems for a grade. However, they
must pick one of each kind for a grade. They can’t do two radius and two diameter problems!
4. Teachers could have students complete all 8 problems for a grade.
5. This classwork could be used as notes, a study guide, small group work, or whole group work.
6. This classwork could also be also be done in partners or independently.
The possibilities are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This Circle Classwork aligns with Virginia SOLs- 5.9, 6.10/ Virginia 2017 SOLs- 5.10 and 6.7 and comes with a teacher answer key.