About this Product
• This product includes homework assignments designed to be completed in 15 to 20 minutes independently.
• Homework worksheets align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Daily Homework assignments to learn more about my homework resources
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Homework #1: What is a living thing?
Homework #2: Important Life Functions
Homework #3: Classifying Organisms
Homework #4: Taxonomy
Homework #5: Three Domains
Homework #6: Bacteria vs. Archaea
Homework #7: Eukaryota Kingdoms
Homework #8: Major Animal Phyla
Homework #9: Vertebrates
Homework #10: Invertebrates
Homework #11: Binomial Nomenclature
Differentiation and Tiering
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Homework with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
Each homework has three tasks with a "signal strength" to probe lower, mid and higher order thinking:
• Task 1 questions with a “low” signal assess whether students can remember, recall and understand facts.
• Task 2 questions with a “medium” signal assess whether students can apply, analyze or explain information.
• Task 3 questions with a “high” signal assess whether students can evaluate, judge or interpret information.
This resource enriches Next Generation Science Standards. It does not address specific standards or disciplinary core ideas. Refer to my Free Curriculum Support Materials for documents to help you incorporate these lessons into a Next Generation Science Standard aligned curriculum.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).