This pdf file contains a two-page guided notes outline (with both a student copy to fill in and a teacher key that is already filled in) and a one-page assignment over the content of the notes (answer key included).
The notes and assignment cover the following ideas:
- What are terms?
- Variable, coefficient, & constant
- What makes terms "like" terms?
- A variable without a coefficient *really* has a coefficient of 1.
- Constants are "like terms" with other constants.
- If variables have different exponents, they are not like terms.
**This lesson can also be found in the following bundles (Copy & Paste links below):
> Expressions & Exponents Unit Bundle - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ExpressionsExponents-Unit-Bundle-Notes-Homework-Quizzes-Study-Guide-Test-3141800
> Pre-Algebra Full Curriculum - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pre-Algebra-Full-Curriculum-Growing-Bundle-2962272