This is a 10 page document that takes children through designing their own menu. They then use their menu and their peers to answer a series of math questions.
1. Students will research and design a menu with a theme and multiple items. Each item will receive a detailed description and a decimal price.
2. Students will answer a variety of math questions and create their own that use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of decimals. They will also calculate percents with tax, coupons and tips.
3. They will them compose an opinion writing piece as they write a radio broadcast for their restaurant.
4. There is an Extras page where kids can choose to create a commercial, learn about health, design a flyer and make coupons.
5. There is also an extra page of math questions and rubric
I am personally using this with my 5th grade accelerated group during a 2-3 week rti rotation.