Use the magic of Microsoft Excel to generate countless examples to demonstrate concepts, stimulate discussion, and build student confidence and competence.
All you have to do:
1. Open the downloaded Excel file.
2. Click on one of fifteen available lesson tabs.
3. Press the appropriate key(s) to generate an example (F9 for PC; Command + Equal for Macs).
4. Demonstrate, discuss, review, and learn.
5. Then with a simple key press, generate another example.
This file consists of two types of activities:
“Discussion” activities generate examples to demonstrate a concept and build student confidence and understanding.
“Practice” activities generate examples for student input (whole group or individually).
Topics covered include:
* Comparing objects – Compare sets of 2 to 10 green squares to a second set of blue squares.
* Number Lines – Compare numbers on a number line from 0 to 12.
* Greater Than and Less Than – Master the > and < symbols through ‘discussion’, ‘read’, and ‘write’ lessons.
* Cubes 1 to 10 – Stacked cubes illustrate and compare numbers from 1 to 10.
* Cubes to 100 – Stacked cubes illustrate and compare numbers from 1 to 100.
* Between – Lessons compare three numbers on a number line, show corresponding between statements, and give students the opportunity to practice writing their own.