Students will begin by "Meeting" the 5 regions of Georgia using professionally illustrated fact sheets. With the support of graphic organizers students will then compare and contrast two regions' sizes, locations, and topographic features. Students will be comparing the region they live in with another of their choice.
**This activity is from the Regions and Rivers Unit. That whole unit is included in the BUNDLE: 2nd Grade Georgia Topography - BEST DEAL!**
**Download a FREE SAMPLE: FREE Georgia Regions Puzzle**
Let's stay connected! Click to ((( FOLLOW MY STORE )))
Included in this Product:
- Information Pages on 5 Regions: Piedmont, Coastal Plain, Appalachian Plateau, Ridge and Valley, Blue Ridge Mountains
- Comparison T Chart
- Compare and Contrast Planning Sheet
- Compare and Contrast Final Draft Paper
- Grading Rubric
- Addresses Georgia Social Studies Standard SS2G1: Locate and compare major topographical features of Georgia and describe how these features define Georgia’s surface.
- Addresses Georgia Common Core Writing Standard W 2.2: Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section.
Keywords: Writing, Georgia Regions, Landform, Compare and Contrast, Topography
Please consider using the following:
BUNDLE: 2nd Grade Georgia Topography - (includes this activity) BEST DEAL!
Only want part? Here are the Regions and Rivers Unit activities:
FREE Georgia Regions Puzzle
Georgia Regions Song
Georgia Regions - 5 Main Idea and Detail Sorts
Currently Viewing: Comparison Writing: Georgia Regions
Regions and Rivers Assessments
If you like this product, please check out my other products!
FREE Character Trait Vocabulary - 2nd Grade GA SS
BUNDLE: Creek and Cherokee Writing Projects
BUNDLE: Tomochichi, Mary Musgrove, and James Oglethorpe