This resource contains 30, beautifully hand-illustrated, complete-the-picture, coloring pages in light gray with written prompts.
The perfect “I’m finished!” fix!!! As a teacher, we always come up with extensions and adaptations to our lessons so we engage as many of our students as simultaneously as possible. However, we all have those moments when a student is simply finished. As an art teacher, I had a “Free Draw” table for those moments. However, I didn’t want to just give my students blank paper and crayons... that they could get at home and was too open-ended. I also didn’t want to use coloring book pages... that they could ALSO get at home and was too constricting. Enter: COMPLETE THE PICTURE... the perfect halfway point between the blank page and the coloring page. Students are given just enough visual direction to spur creativity and original thought. The light gray value of the picture allows students to manipulate the ENTIRE drawing, even the parts given to them. No additional instruction is needed!
Prompts included in this set:
- Draw yourself as the president of the United States. Complete your presidential seal hanging on the podium.
- Draw the groundhog emerging from his hole. Does he see his shadow?
- Decorate these eggs for Easter.
- Decorate the tie for Father’s Day.
- Fill this Day of the Dead mask with colors and patterns.
- Fill the Easter basket.
- Draw the haunted house that sits beyond the gate.
- Create a new flag for our country for Flag Day.
- Create a Valentine for someone you care about.
- Draw Santa going down the Chimney. Wait, is he stuck?
- Draw the Leprechaun and the gold in the pot that he is guarding,
- What is this witch cooking up in her cauldron?
- Decorate the Christmas cookies.
- Draw the Thanksgiving Day Parade as it marches down the city street.
- Stuff these Christmas stockings.
- Trim the Christmas tree.
- Carve this pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern.
- Add candles to the Menorah and light them.
- Finish these trick-or-treaters’ costumes.
- What is haunting this graveyard?
- Fill the night sky with fireworks. Who has come to watch them?
- Finish this Thanksgiving feast.
- Fill this park with eggs for the Easter egg hand the children who have come to search for them.
- Draw the breakfast in the tray that you brought to your mom in bed for Mother’s Day.
- Draw a trap that can catch this leprechaun.
- it’s five minutes until midnight! Draw the celebration that is happening in this room to ring in the New Year.
- Finish this Fourth of July picnic. Fill the table with food and the people who have come to enjoy it.
- Finish decorating for the birthday party. Do not forget the cake! Draw the guests as they arrive.
- Who is this boy remembering on Memorial Day?
- Fill this box with delicious looking Valentine’s Day chocolates.
Still not convinced? Download the free Complete-the-Picture Sampler that contains one prompt from each of my Complete-the-Picture set.