This is a jam pack unit for compound words. Most of these activities would best be used in word work center or any other Literacy centers.
What is Included:
1. 100 Compound Word Cards to use in a pocket chart or use in writing center.
2. Making Compound Words is an activity where the students create compound words with word cards. They can use the cards more than once. You can also have them write a story using as many of the words as possible.
3. Mixing Up Compound Words is an activity students can use to make compound words. Students will choose a picture card and find the two words that create the compound word. It helps to laminate the Mixer pages or put it inside of a page protector, because students will use it over and over again. There is a page where students can write down the words they’ve created.
4. Spelling Compound Words is an activity students can use letter tiles (1’’ tiles) to spell compound words. I also included letters that can be cut out if you want to have the students cut and glue them as well.
5. Go Fish/Memory Game
6. Picture Puzzles is an activity where they have to figure out the compound word that the picture clues create.
7. Compound Word Addition is an activity where they make addition equations with two words making a compound word. There is an addition and equals card for them to create it in front of them. The recording sheet is 2 pages, which can be printed double-sided.
8. Mini Book
All activities come with directions. Also they all come with a recording sheet except Go Fish, so the students are accountable for their work. I would laminate all the pieces that are part of a center so they can be used over .
Please take a look at the preview to see a small picture of each activity.
Please also leave feedback.