Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.01 MB | 7 pages
Compounds – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with one slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement of the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (chemical change, compound, chemical formula, subscript, and hydrocarbon)
• How chemical changes occur
• Formation of compounds
• Naming of compounds with 4 examples of everyday compounds (with chemical name, chemical compound, and elements in compound)
• How compounds are identified using physical and chemical properties
• The uses of compounds in everyday lives
The last slide has a white-background and is used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printable.
• The printable is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: chemical change, chemical formula, compound, hydrocarbon, and subscript. There is also a section where students read 10 chemical formulas with subscripts and, using a key at the top of the page, list the elements and amount of each for the listed compounds.