Also included in
- These real-world math projects have changed my math instruction and increased my students' critical thinking skills! This bundle of math projects includes thirteen discounted concept-based, differentiated, best-selling math projects. 13 *Highly Rated,* concept-based projects are included.WonderingPrice $35.99Original Price $50.39Save $14.40
- Teach all about coordinate graphs in upper elementary math with this DIGITAL and PRINTABLE bundle of engaging math resources. These four coordinate graph resources will help you teach students how find and position pairs of integers on a coordinate plane using engaging real world scenarios. DifferPrice $8.29Original Price $11.57Save $3.28
- Take engagement and rigor to the next level with these high-interest math projects for upper elementary. I have designed my math projects to be highly engaging, student-driven, real-world, and enriching. You’ll have a project for every occasion all year long! This bundle of TWENTY EIGHT digital andPrice $76.99Original Price $114.07Save $37.08
Your students will LOVE this incredibly engaging Coordinate Grid Coordinate Graphing Drone Delivery Math Project! While students practice a multitude of coordinate grid skills, they will imagine themselves as pilots in charge of drones that deliver packages for the fictional company Amazion!
What's included in this Coordinate Grid Math Project?
- Drone Driver Licenses to ENGAGE your students!
- Cover Page for Student Work
- One page informational text article on the history of drones and the real Amazon delivery service, Prime Air.
- Six pages of coordinate grid practice
- One page of suggested extension and enrichment activities
- Answer key for select pages
- A with interactive and movable elements. Perfect for virtual learning and paperless practice!
I have covered as many coordinate graphing skills as I could in this project! Students will identify locations, plot locations, follow directions, write directions, measure distances and use map scales and more. They are sure to be coordinate grid masters by the time they complete the project.
Don't have time to complete the entire project? No problem! The only required page is the first one and the rest can be completed in any order.
I began creating this style of math project in 2011 when I was teaching my students the tricky skill of multi-digit multiplication. I knew there had to be a better, more authentic way to engage them in the necessary but oftentimes monotonous repetition of important skills. I began creating these content-heavy but highly engaging and themed math projects in hopes that with just a little bit of creativity and fun, my students would not only get copious amounts of practice but also see real-world relevance that would bring deeper meaning to these skills! Since then, I have created many, many math projects, added fun props along the way, and seen my students' faces light up every time I start class with the words, "We have a new project today!"
More Math Projects from Teaching With a Mountain View