My students love looking up words in the dictionary, so I decided that I’d provide them with the opportunity to make their very own dictionary with words that they felt would benefit them the most. The best part of this activity is that they could use this dictionary for years to come!
- Letters A-Z graphic organizer (2 options) **See preview**
• First organizer requires students to provide the definition, a sentence (lines included), and an illustration.
• Second organizer requires students to provide a definition, example, and an illustration.
- Math cover page
- Reading cover page
- Language Arts cover page
- Social Studies cover page
- Science cover page
- Generic cover page that can be used for any subject/words.
- Half size pages for every cover
I hope you and your students enjoy making your very own dictionaries as much as my students and I did. The best feeling was watching them take out their DIY dictionaries to look up an unfamiliar word.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at Learningisahooot@gmail.com
As always, be sure to leave feedback and earn TpT credits for your future purchases.
Learning is a Hooot