This PowerPoint gives students a basic understanding of the Digestive System. By the end of this PowerPoint, students will be able to evaluate the structure and function of the digestive system in transportation and absorption of nutrients. Students will also be able to explain how the excretory system regulates body wastes. This is a basic PowerPoint, but has great insight for student to gain knowledge on the digestive system.
1. Identify and explain the functions of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract and the accessory organs of digestion.
2. Describe the mechanical movement of the digestion tract
3. Define the basic nutrients, site of breakdown and explain their importance to homeostatic health.
4. Define absorption and explain how the end products of digestion are absorbed.
5. Explain the process of fecal formation and defecation.