- DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Complete Unit Bundle. This bundle contains everything you need to teach a unit on DNA, RNA and protein synthesis in one download.Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of th$54.74$31.99Save $22.75
- Product Description
This free DNA Informational Text reading is based on Watson and Crick's famous one-page article published in 1953 in Nature magazine, announcing their discovery of the structure of the DNA molecule. It comes with graphic organizers to help your students read and understand this classic scientific paper. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version.
This is a fantastic way to implement the Common Core State Standards of reading informational text into your science curriculum. Students will read the one-page paper and complete a 4-page set of graphic organizers. Each graphic organizer page can be used alone or in combination with the other pages.
This article and accompanying graphic organizers are perfect for:
- Classwork or homework assignment.
- A quick and ready lesson for your substitute folder.
- Early finishers.
- Any Common Core lesson on information text.
Included in this product:
- Watson and Crick Paper
- Copyright Information
- Teacher Guide and Instructions for Use
- Four-page Set of Graphic Organizers
- Teacher Answer Key
- Paperless Digital Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
If you are implementing Common Core State Standards into your class, this is a marvelous (and short!) piece of informational text to use with your students.
The graphic organizers look best when printed in color, but print perfectly fine if you print using the grayscale setting on your printer.
All of my free products can be viewed by clicking this link:
Related resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: