This test covers all operations with decimals (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) and includes division of whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
The best test you will find anywhere to assess how well your students understand the four operations with decimals. Here's why:
1. All multiple choice: Quick and easy to grade! Yet evidence of correct work must be shown to receive credit.
2. Plenty of space to show work, for every problem, right on the test.
3. Tiered difficulty of questions for each operation (Type 2: Basic Question, Type 3: Word Problem or increased difficulty, Type 4: Unique situation requiring the skill)
4. A standards-based rubric is provided to identify levels of understanding for each topic based on the accuracy of specific questions. The test is very accurate at identifying true mastery.
5. The innovative feedback system greatly diminishes grading time, allows for student reflection and targets learning. A UPC code is provided below each question to give very specific feedback while eliminating the need for lengthy comments. A "U" identifies an understanding concern, a "P" highlights a precision mistake in the calculation and a "C" identifies a lack of communicating thinking. Specific to this content, a "decimal point" option is provided for the teacher to circle when they have identified a misplacement of the decimal point in the answer or work.
6. Color coded answer keys with all work are provided for easy identification of mistakes and for help in number placement accuracy. Decimal point placement and movement are evident in the work as well.
Like what you see?
Follow my store, "Actis Standard". I continuously post new material and soon the entire 6th grade Common Core math curriculum will be posted! Purchase individual practice pages, notes, activities and tests or buy entire units.
All Actis Standard assignments are custom created questions that go deeper than your typical drill-and-kill type of worksheet. I created these questions to address every nuance of the objective, which are rooted in the Common Core Standards. The practice is presented to students in a friendly non-intimidating, easy to read format. Space is provided for work and all of the answer keys are included! The answer keys even have work included to demonstrate the type of work your student should be producing. Practice tutorial videos are included for free!