Also included in
- Teach your students with depth and complexity!This "Mega Bundle" contains 8 of my best selling resources that are designed to elicit critical thinking. $65.00 if purchased separately; Save over 30%! Click on the links below for detailed information on each of the 9 resources that are included in t$46.00$63.94Save $17.94
Teach your students how to explore content with depth and complexity.
Here it is, a complete and ready-to-use resource for teaching all 11 elements (Big Ideas, Rules, Trends, Patterns, Language of the Discipline, Ethics, Relationships Over Time, Details, Unanswered Questions, Across Disciplines, and Multiple Perspectives) of critical thinking.! Your students will explore of these elements by applying them to familiar stories, such as “Cinderella”, “The Emperor’s New Clothes”, “Goldilocks and the Three Bears”, “Hansel and Gretel”, “Jack and the Beanstalk”, and “The Three Little Pigs.” These enduring fairytales present countless avenues for critical analysis and can be used with many grade levels (4-10+). Everything you need is included; no need to purchase additional materials or books!
Two versions--with and without icons--are now included!!
* Instructions: Detailed information and suggestions on implementing these materials.
* 6 Fairytales: Formatted and ready to print. Titles are listed above.
* 6 Explorations Guides: Each guide includes specific and concrete examples of how to apply the 11 different icons to the included fairytales.
* 11 Graphic Organizers: One for each critical thinking "Thinking Tool". (provided in color and gray scale versions).
* 4 Addition Fairytales: "The Frog Prince", "Little Red Riding Hood", "Rapunzel", and "Rumplestiltskin". These can be used for extension activities of your choosing.
This resource was created based on the Depth and Complexity framework, which was developed by Dr. Sandra Kaplan under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Research and Improvement: 1996
Get all the latest Teacher Thrive news!
Please read: This is a nonrefundable digital download. Please read the description carefully and examine the preview file before purchasing.
© Copyright 2018 M. Tallman. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. Doing so makes it possible for an Internet search to make the document available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).