Products in this Bundle (2)
This is a GEM of a resource for my second graders! I was looking for lessons to teach about scientists, science processes and the scientific method, and what I got was so much more! This product is extremely thorough, organized, well-planned, and easy to implement. Everything is included for you. You literally print, or assign the Google format, and teach! -Dana H
Scientists and the scientific method, scientific processes- This bundle includes EVERYTHING you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess 8-11 days of NGSS aligned lessons, depending on the number of experiments you do. All of the activities are included in both a printable version and in digital format on Google Slides.
An ideal way to introduce science and scientific processes, students learn about different areas of science, types of scientists, scientific processes and the scientific method. Students also learn about science tools, science safety, and how to plan an investigation and carry out experiments.
Investigations include: buoyancy, solubility, and chemical reactions and serve as a scaffold to students planning and conducting their own experiments as they gain lab experience.
With this bundle, you have everything you need to easily teach science via distance learning or in your classroom and lay the foundation for future science units. The detailed lesson plans and narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate and enable your students to listen and learn while working independently at home, or at school. The moveable, interactive digital activities make it easy and engaging for students to practice and apply what they are learning.
This flexible bundle makes it easy to teach science no matter where you are!
Included in this bundle:
Printable unit includes:
· A complete Teacher’s Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
· 10 detailed, step-by-step, scripted lesson plans
· 10-Lesson Teaching Power Point to guide you through the unit with Turn and Talk partner discussion and Independent Activity instructions for students after each lesson.
· Answer keys
· Essential Question and Learning Target Posters
· Student science journal with activity pages for each lesson
· Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank)
· Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
· 3 Science experiments- Students explore buoyancy, solubility, and chemical reactions
· Experiment planning pages
· Science center activities with student direction cards
· Anchor Charts with printable chart parts
· Vocabulary Cards for each lesson
· Science Tools picture cards
· Science Safety posters
· Scientific Method posters
· Types of Science posters (Earth science, Life science, Physical science)
· Types of Scientists and the jobs they do
· Display Title Cards and Decorative science elements
Digital unit includes:
NOTE: You will need a Google account or Google Classroom to access the digital version on Google Slides
· 7 Narrated lessons on Google Slides (The lab experiment lessons are not included in the digital version, as many students won’t have materials at home to do them)
· 7 Interactive science journal activity pages
· 10 Quick Check quizzes in multiple choice and drag and drop answer format
· Digital Unit Test with differentiation options
· 4 Interactive, literacy-based science games to reinforce reading skills using science content for: Fact& Opinion, Types of Science, Science Safety task cards, and Classifying Science Tools
· Teacher directions for using and assigning the resources in Google Classroom
· Answer keys for all activities
*Please see the previews for details and pictures of all resources included in the download.
Around the Kampfire
for All Second Grade Science Units
Second Grade Science BUNDLES
SECOND GRADE TEACHERS
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 2nd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.
Upcoming 2nd grade units:
THIRD GRADE TEACHERS
I am now starting on the 3rd grade science series aligned to NGSS.
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 3rd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.