1 Set of 27 Self-Checking Long Division Task Cards--1 Digit Divisors & 2 and 3-digit dividends
Can be used in the format of a game. Game board provided that can be glued to the inside of a file folder.
Copy cards onto cardstock. Laminate. Cut apart.
You can provide students with copies of the recording sheet..
The recording sheet provides students with a place to show their work and helps hold students accountable, but the cards can be used without the recording sheet if you wish.. Once a problem is solved, students can use a smart phone or tablet with a QR reader to scan the QR code. There are several FREE Apps for QR Readers. The correct answer will show on the screen with a colorful pictorial model of the problem solved using the traditional division algorithm.
These task cards can be used in many ways:
(1) Use as game cards with the generic game board that is provided. Students take turns pulling a card and solving it. If correct, the student rolls a die and moves their marker the number of spaces rolled on the die. The first person to the end wins.
(2) Place at a work station/center.
(3) Hole punch the cards and hang on a ring. The students can then bring the cards to their desk for extra practice when they have free time.
(4) Use in tutorials. Watch students as they work, and ask them to explain their steps and justify why they think their answer is reasonable.
(5) Play "Scoot"--Place one card on each desk. Students solve a problem and then scoot to the next desk.
Before purchasing, I suggest you download the Preview to try out the QR Codes and see a sample of what the answers will look like.
These cards are intended for use by one teacher in one classroom. If multiple teachers in a school plan on using these cards, multiple licenses should be purchased. Thank you!