Also included in
- Get ALL the best poetry resources in ONE bundle and at a DISCOUNT price!You get THREE awesome resources with your purchase:1) Easy Teach Poetry Unit2) Poetry Dodecahedron3) Identifying Poetic Forms Order Up!Teaching poetry has NEVER been so easy! Engaging and exciting, your students will BEG for mor$11.70$13.00Save $1.30
-Need a quick refresher course on common poetry forms for your students?
-Excited to try poetry but not sure where to start?
-Poetry not your thing but you know you need to teach it?
Well, we can take care of ALL of those concerns for you!
Finally, an EASY TEACH unit that will have your kiddos writing 6 common forms of poetry in no time. Everything is print-and-go ready with easy to follow instructions!
- 6 pages of teacher directions/suggestions for use (includes a list of recommended books and websites that I use when I teach this unit to my students. Also includes suggestions for grading.)
- 6 posters of the studied forms
- 6 student practice pages (1 per form)
- 20+ page student anthology project booklet
- 6 BONUS PAGES that can be used for student created wall posters or bulletin board displays!
-You will need to have mentor texts available in your classroom (or borrowed from the school/city/colleagues libraries).
-This unit does require you, as the teacher, to have a basic understanding of the six studied forms, which include:
As mentioned, website links are included that will help refresh your memory of these forms.
This unit is versatile! You can use these materials for a short review or a full scale unit! Tips and suggestions are included on how to make this work best for YOUR students and time frame!
I hope you enjoy using this unit as much as I have with my 60 writing students (grades 4-6).
-John, Created by MrHughes
P.S. Still not convinced? Check out this short video on my blog where I share tips to make ANY poetry unit a success and preview even more of this resource! Click HERE to get started!
Keywords: poetry, unit, student practice pages, anthology project
© Created by MrHughes. Use for a single classroom and/or teacher. Additional copies must be purchased if you plan to share with other teachers. No part of this resource maybe posted on a blog (personal or commercial), web page/site, server, or other location that is accessible by multiple people. Violations of this notice are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).