Let your chemistry students help you build your own periodic table to display for the entire school. Join up with another chemistry teacher and get all the elements.
This project has three components.
1) Students make a 3-5 minute presentation on an element. They can do a poster, brochure, power point, video, song, etc. Each student or group of student gets a different element.
2) Students create a periodic table block with at least 3 color images of uses for the element.
3) Students create an advertisement for the element.
This is a good activity to have on hand for an emergency sub plan if students can access technology.
• Teacher guide
• Applications of chemistry
• Cooperative Learning
• Power point to introduce the project
• Sample student power point
• Reinforcement of difficult concepts
• Two versions of a rubric for easy grading
Keywords: periodic table, element, alkali, metal, non-metal, metalloids, semi-metal, halogen, inert gas, transuranic, rare earth, lanthanide, actinide, project, chemistry, technology, sub, substitute