Also included in
- This bundle includes lessons that invite your students to explore and discuss current issues through nonfiction, informational texts. Each resource provides you with several options that will engage your students as they read, view, think, discuss and write. The bundle contains the following topics:Price $28.99Original Price $42.46Save $13.47
Invite your students to explore and discuss current issues through non-fiction, informational texts. This product provides you with several options that will engage your students as they read, view, think, discuss and write (This is included in my growing Exploring Issues and Informational Text Bundle - buy now and save!)
Option One: Introduce the topic of cyberbullying with a writing prompt, some reading, viewing and a class discussion. After the initial prompt, students will read a magazine-style article (available in handout or digital versions) and view some videos. They will follow this with some discussion and further written reflection.
Option Two: After completing the tasks for option one, you can extend the exercise by using mentor passages. I have provided passages that are focused on different aspects of the topic of cyberbullying, and that illustrate some of the common elements of strong writing. These passages are meant to serve two purposes: each one explores ideas that students can consider on the topic, and they provide models for students to emulate in the writing they will do later. (Included: a handout that explains how to use the mentor passages and slides to teach your students what to do with them).
Option Three: Extend the exercise further with a writing assignment based on the topic. There are instructions and an assessment checklist for a piece of expository, opinion or spoken word writing. All of these are editable.
- A slideshow to guide your discussion and instruction
- A magazine-style article that introduces the topic in teen-friendly language
- Mentor passages
- Links to relevant articles and videos that the students can use if you choose to give them the writing assignment
- Answer keys
- Editable assignments and checklists
You might also like: