This file contains activities to teach about the First Thanksgiving. There are several ways that you can use this product. You can do the activities together as a whole class or you can have the students explore on their own. The activities can all be printed or you can use the digital version. Everything that you need is included with this product such as links, instructions, printable activities, digital activities, station cards, etc.
The students will be going on a web quest to learn about the Wampanoag and the Pilgrims. I have create a Blendspace that you can share with your students. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE BLENDSPACE, because I have a set of Google Slides that can also be used instead of the Blendspace. These would be great for a sub lesson too. This tells them what to do. You could also just do the each lesson individually. There are more detailed instructions in the pdf.
Here are some of the activities:
• Making a Thanksgiving journal
• Tom Turkey activity
• Creating headbands (templates included)
• Watching short movie clips
• Comparing Thanksgivings
• Reading articles
• Making Mayflower munchies snack bags
• Making Native American pictographs
• Answering questions about the first Thanksgiving
• Going on a virtual tour of the first Thanksgiving and the Mayflower
• Doing a comparing sort
• Making a word cloud
• Writing a poem
• Creating a Pilgrim journal of the voyage
VIEW MY BLOG AND DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME!
LIKE MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK!