Learn to code a simplified Flappy Bird game in Scratch!
Easy handout for 'Fun Activities' or 'Coding / Programming' classes or clubs.
The children will enjoy building their own Flappy Cat game. After completing and saving the project, they will be able to share and play their game online.
Programming and Scratch concepts covered in this teaching plan include:
- Paint a new sprite.
- Duplicate costumes
- Forever loop
- Go to x and y coordinates on the screen
- Switch costumes
- Pick random a number
- Repeat a script a certain number of times
- Change the x or y position
- If then Else
- If then
- If touching sprite condition
- Broadcasting a message
- Creating a variable (for keeping the Score)
- Set the starting value of a variable
- Change the value of a variable
- Wait a number of seconds before executing the next script
- Add a backdrop from the library
- Duplicate a backdrop
- Add text to a backdrop
- Switch between backdrops
- Stop all scripts
- Shrink sprite’s size
- Add a title to your game
- Save and share your game.
Please let me know if have any questions, or if you'd like more details.
Scratch is a free online programming language especially for ages 8 to 16, created by the MIT Media Lab. http://scratch.mit.edu/
If you are just starting with Scratch programming, please check the Tutorial 1 on my store.