How can a teacher help students maintain mastery of previously taught math concepts? Essential Spiral Math Homework was created to do just that! Rather than just concentrating on a topic and then progress to the next topic, Essential Spiral Math Homework spreads the learning over time, thus continually reviewing previous understanding and slowly integrating new concepts in a common sense progression and pace. This approach is believed to enhance not only understanding but also helps in long-term retention.
This free product gives you a great preview of Essential Spiral Math Homework. It contains the first week of daily homework along with answer sheets (10 total pages).
Essential Spiral Math Homework contains daily math homework (Monday through Thursday). Each sheet consists of 10 to 20 problems that vary from basic algorithms, conceptual development, modeling, and problem solving. Each page is clearly labeled with the Common Core Standards and has an answer key. There is also a guide showing the sequencing and pacing of Common Core Standards.
This preview covers:
1) A digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right (4.NBT.A.1)
2) Read and write multi-digit whole number using numerals, number names, and expanded form (4.NBT.A.2)
3) Multiplying multi-digit numbers (4.NBT.5)
Why is this spiral homework different from others?
• Repetitive like other spiral content; however, it constantly varies the way in which questions are asked to keep students thinking
• Requires complete written answers and increases in rigor as the quarter progresses
• Questions employ math content vocabulary in questioning which especially helps English Language Learners vocabulary development.