Included in this product are interactive notebook pages and task cards for using the fraction butterfly (aka cross multiplying) to:
1. compare fractions with different denominators,
2. find a pair of equivalent fractions with a common denominator, and
3. add & subtract fractions with different denominators.
The fraction butterfly provides a visual way to remember the strategy for adding & subtracting fractions in the CCSS 5.NF.A.1 (a/b + c/d = (ad + bc)/bd), but also can be used to compare fractions and find a pair of equivalent fractions with a common denominator – part of the CCSS 4.NF.A.2.
Each of the three includes:
• 3 versions of an interactive notebook flippable with either all or some information completed.
• 1 set of twenty task cards (with recording and answer sheets) to practice the skill in the flippable. Fractions on the task cards are limited to those with denominators 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 12 to meet the grade 4 CCSS expectations.
I like to laminate the task cards so that students can use a dry erase marker to draw the butterfly on the task card.
Please check out the preview to ensure that the product will meet your expectations. Also check out my Fraction Butterfly Mini Anchor Chart
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MrsLeFave@gmail.com. Please visit my TpT store for additional products, or follow me on Pinterest