Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Don't spend a minute planning out your 5th grade math units this year. This 5th grade math year-long curriculum bundle (digital and printable) has everything you need to teach every single 5th grade math standard for the entire year.The units included contain:detailed student notessample problems f$225.00$323.00Save $98.00
This digital and printable resource pack contains detailed notes, student practice pages, and 4 sets of differentiated task cards for teaching fraction line plots.
Plotting Fractions on a Line
- Notes Page on Setting Up a Fraction Line Plot
- Notes on Interpreting the Information to Answer Questions
- Practice page: Blades of Grass
Plotting Fractions on a Line Using Equivalent Fractions
- Notes Pages
- Practice Activity: Bag of Nuts
- Independent Practice Activity: Walking
- (4 Sets) for Differentiation and Centers
- Notes and Practice in Google Slides
- Tutorial Videos included in each mini-lesson
- Task Cards in Google Forms
- the first set is for plotting on a line that does not require students to make equivalent fractions on the plot (and one practice page)
- the second set explains how to plot fractions on a line that does require equivalent fractions (and 2 practice pages)
Use the differentiated (color-coded) task cards to allow for student practice and assessment. You can split your class up by mastery, use them in small groups, etc. Students are given a story problem and have to plot the data provided on a line plot, then answer 8 task card questions about the line plot.
Answer Keys Included.
Download the preview file to see what the resource looks like.
You can also check out my Fraction Line Plot Activities HERE
5.MD.2 Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Use operations on fractions for this grade to solve problems involving information presented in line plots.
Find Distance Learning Resources HERE.
- Interactive Place Value Chart
- Paperless Math Assessments
- Paper/Pencil Math Assessments
- Exit Tickets (Paper and Paperless)
- Quadrilateral Design Project
- Decimal Operations Bundle
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals with Visual Models
- Multiplying Decimals with Visual Models
- Dividing Decimals with Visual Models
- Fraction Operations Bundle
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Visual Models
- Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying Fractions with Visual Models
- Dividing Fractions with Visual Models
You can follow me for the latest news on resources and sales.
E-mail me if you have any questions
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). By purchasing this product, you agree that this product will be used by one teacher and will not be shared with any other colleagues without the purchase of additional licenses. The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited.
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits that are created and distributed through any Google platform (Drive, Sheets, Forms, Docs, etc.) include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferrable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited. Link sharing is not permitted without the purchase of additional teacher licenses.