Fractions Games Activities Craft 1st Grade Math 2nd Grade Math
Are you looking for activities and games to teach or review fractions? If so then this resource is for you! There are 13 activities included and over 120 pages of fun. These fraction activities cover identifying fractions, comparing fractions, and partitioning shapes to create fractions. The fractions included are: equal/unequal, whole, halves, thirds, fourths, and eighths.
- Anchor Chart idea using sticky notes
- Fraction Action (students create a fraction craft with writing)
- Fractionpillar Hativity (students create fractions with a fraction caterpillar)
- Fraction Wreath (students create fractions and write the word form/number form)
- Spin and Make (students spin a spinner and partition the shape they land on into the specified amount using play dough)
- Spin It (whole group interactive activity)
- Make It Stick (students represent a fraction in multiple ways by drawing/writing the fraction on the sticky note and sticking it to the correct poster)
- Tic-Tac-Find (student play tic-tac-toe by identifying fractions)
- Read, Match, Scoot (students complete task cards around the desks and record the answers on a recording sheet)
- Flip Book Sorts (students complete any of the fraction sorts by gluing the correct pieces under each flap)
- Sticky Fractions - A Book of Fractions (students use sticky notes in various shapes and sizes to create fractions for a fraction book)
- Flip and Compare (students play in partners and flip over fraction cards, compare them, and move their game piece around the game board mat)
- Fraction Walk (students move around the room and record the fractions on the cards onto their recording sheet)
- Fraction Match Up (students match the fraction picture to the correct fraction words on a colored piece of paper)
You can see all the activities HERE.
Looking for other Fraction resources? Check out these self-correcting Puzzle Mats HERE.
Please know that by purchasing this resource you are purchasing the rights to use these activities in a single classroom. If you plan to share this resource with other teachers, additional license(s) will need to be purchased.
Keywords: fractions, comparing fractions, fraction games, fraction activities, fractions 1st grade, fractions 2nd grade