Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
40.65 MB | 10 page DINB, 44 problem game, 38 activity slides, 8 printable pages
Fractions on a Number Line - digital version for use with Google Drive™. With this resource, your students will work with fractions in five different activities of varying difficulty.
This is a digital interactive notebook resource, so please only purchase if you have the resources to use it (computers/laptops/tablets, etc. and Internet access). These activities are all presented in fun sports theme (American football and soccer). The pages are colorful and tap into a range of skills. If you have a Google classroom, this is a great way to bring fun to learning about fractions. Use when introducing the concept of fractions on a number line. #tptdigital
• Instructions on using the resource, with examples (12 pages): Also includes instructions for using with Microsoft OneDrive.
• Digital Interactive Notebook (10 pages)
• Interactive Fractions Game with 5 levels (44 problems in all)
• Interactive digital resource for use with Google Drive (38 activity pages): moving fractions to the correct location on a number line and comparing fractions to 1/2 and each other. Halves, fourths, sixths, and eighths are included. All of the number lines are from 0 to 1, as this is meant to be an introduction to fractions on a number line (no mixed numbers or improper fractions).
• Answer Key in PDF form (40 pages)
• Optional printable pages (blank number lines that can be used with the digital activity or as as supplement (8 pages)
FAQs Why should I use a digital interactive resource instead of a paper one?
• You will save paper and ink, increase technology fluency, and support a green environment.
• Digital files can be accessed anywhere you have an internet connection! No need to worry about losing papers or keeping track of handwritten notes.
• Your students will be engaged, and you won't have scraps of paper all over your classroom! You also won't have to search for pieces that might go missing.
• Once the project is complete, your students will have created a piece of their digital portfolio. Since the information is housed on slides, presenting their material is much more seamless and manageable.
Are there any other benefits to using a digital interactive resource?
• Digital resources can be high in color and image-heavy, without worrying about using excessive ink.
• Students can gain many tech skills they may not get otherwise, including learning short cut keys, manipulating digital elements, and many more.
• Peer collaboration, editing, and review are all available at the click of a button.
• Editing and updating are not cause for a total redo!
• When you are to start the activity over again with a new group of students, you won't need to run to the copy machine.
What if I can't get something to work as I think it should?
• As with any technology-centered resource, there may be some hiccups along the way. I have provided very detailed instructions for using this resource. If you get stuck, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to work with you so that you and your students can reap the benefits of going interactive and digital.