In this worksheet packet, you will find grammar summary sheets and exercises related to the “Passé Composé”. The packet can be used in class or as a self-study package for more able students.
For all somewhat more challenging texts, the vocabulary is explained or translated to English in the margin of the texts or at the end of the exercises. This allows you to use the packet with any curriculum, or integrate students with different learning backgrounds into your class. Exercises have no vocabulary aids, but the vocabulary is kept simple.
This packet contains the following sections:
Découvrir “Le Passé Composé”:
• The students will read a narrative text. They will be asked to find and underline the conjugated verbs in the text. These verbs are (almost) all conjugated in the “Passé Composé”. Through this classical exercise the students will discover the tense of “Passé Composé”.
• There are 3 different texts provided in this package: two short narratives and a French poem. You can choose the text that best fits your class. Each text is provided on a separate worksheet allowing you to use the other texts as homework or assessment.
Conjugaison du “Passé Composé”:
• A first set of worksheets allows the students to get familiar with the use and composition of the “Passé Composé” tense. The main elements are discussed.
• A second set of worksheets builds on the composition of the “Passé Composé” tense, and focuses on the “Participe Passé”, the building stone of the “Passé Composé” tense.
• I completed this chapter with lots of different exercises to practice the composition of the “Passé Composé” tense. These exercises are again grouped into individual worksheets that can be printed separately, and used a homework or assessment.