This is a reproducible study guide for use with the novel "Frozen Stiff" by Sherry Shahan. Activities are Common Core aligned and student friendly. The study guide is broken into two parts:
For the Teacher (PDF pages 1- 17)
*background information, prereading activities, and an answer key
For the Student (PDF pages 18-66)
Chapter-by-chapter activities addressing:
* comprehension (key ideas and details)
* textual evidence
* story elements (setting, character, plot, mood)
* vocabulary (context clues, domain-specific words, figurative language, adages, allusion)
* craft and structure (foreshadowing, point of view, flashback, cliffhangers, story-within-a-story, symbolism)
* Post-reading activities including summary and theme.
The purchase of this novel study guide from 212 Curriculum entitles an individual teacher to reproduce pages for use in a classroom. Reproduction for use in an entire school or school system or for commercial use is prohibited.
I hope you and your students enjoy this study guide!