This is a math unit that goes through the progression of adding and subtracting. It is a great basic introduction for functional academic middle, high school, or adult education students. It can also serve as a great review for elementary or learning disabled students.
There are 9 lessons. The lessons are designed to be finished within a week, but teachers can adjust the length as needed.
Each lesson contains a teaching component, exploration activities, opportunities for repeated practice, extension activities, and teacher answer keys.
The progression of lessons are as follows
1) Introduction to addition: number sense, greater/less than, number line
2) Addition terms, symbols, how to read, and word problems
3) Adding 2 & 3 digit numbers
4) Mental Addition Facts
5) Introduction to subtraction: number sense, greater/less than, number line
6) Subtraction terms, symbols, how to read, and word problems
7) Subtracting 2 & 3 digit numbers
8) Mixed Adding & Subtracting Word Problems
9) Review & Unit Test
*This unit was designed for visually impaired, learning disabled students, but teachers can adjust the lessons as needed.