This 26 pages packet drills the understanding of the Fundamental counting Principle (FCP), Permutation, and Combination.
Student would have to first determine if order is important or not, then, apply the appropriate strategy to answer the questions. There are many ways to answer each of the questions provided in this handout. I provided "An" answer key.
In this packet, you will find the following:
1. Detailed visual description of the Standard Deck of Cards
2. Comparison between Permutation & Combination in a table format
3. Two examples which are worked out in three different ways each: Using FCP, Formula, Calculator
4. An example of Permutation with Repetition
5. Detailed visual steps on using the TI-Graphing calculator to finding nPr and nCr
6. Detailed visual steps on using the TI-multi-view calculator to finding nPr and nCr
7. A set of 36 questions in a table format (4 questions per sheet).
8. The answer key to the above 36 questions
9. All-in-one answer key for all 36 questions
Students could work on this
in their centers, groups, pairs, individually, as a homework, as a take home assessment, or in any other format. If completed in class setting, students could share their answers on a smartboard in the space provided next to each question.
These handouts are provided as a PDF file as well as a Smart Notebook file.
If you do not have a Smartboard, you can still use this product by using Smart Notebook Interactive Viewer. This program is a free download from www.smarttech.com.
P.S. If you wish to print this file from the Smart Notebook software, I would recommend printing it using the full page option.
p.s. Check out the Probability Models
packet available at my store. Don't miss it!!!
For a discounted bundle of notes for FCP, Combination, Permutation, and Probability Models visit BUNDLE *** FCP, Perm, Comb, & Probability Models Lessons & Exit Ticket
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺.
Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺
for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺