In this genetics project students will become intergalactic scientists and practice what they learned about Mendel genetics to help keep an alien species from going extinct.
The first part focuses on homozygous and heterozygous traits, genotypes, and phenotypes. The second part focuses on punnet squares and the probability of having a certain trait.
Included in the project:
- Two different projects
- Part 1: The focus is on students being able to identify the difference between homozygous dominant, homozygous recessive, heterozygous, genotypes, and phenotypes
- Part 2: The focus is on students being able to complete punnet squares to predict the possible outcomes when mixing the traits of two aliens together.
- Directions for each handout
- Student handouts for each project
You might also like
- Cells Unit Bundle
- scientific method mega bundle with penny lab
- Expository Reading Category
Connect with Adventures in ISTEM
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” next to my Seller picture to receive notification of new products and upcoming sales. Most new products are discounted for the first 48 hours.
Blog- adventures in ISTEM
for more great ideas and strategies to use in your classroom plus freebies and giveaways
Follow me on facebook
Follow my board TPT Adventures in ISTEM
Follow me on instagram
Copyright Kristina Harjo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.