This colorful and detailed PowerPoint explains how scientists decipher the Earth’s history. It will cover major principles such as the Principle of Uniformitarianism, Principle of Superposition, Principle of Intrusion, Principle of Crosscutting, and Principle of Horizontality. There are many scenarios which allow students to practice this new skill of ordering events.
It then goes on to distinguish between relative age and absolute age and explains how radiometric dating is performed, especially Carbon-14 dating.
Included in the Geologic Principles Bundle:
• PPT: Geologic Principles
• PPT Notes Handout: Geologic Principles
• Activity – Determining Radioactive Half-Life
• WS: Determining Which is Older
• Quiz: Geologic Principles
• Quiz KEY: Geologic Principles
• Quiz Retake: Geologic Principles
• Quiz Retake KEY: Geologic Principles