Grade 1 Math - 2D & 3D Shapes & Fractions Unit - First Grade Geometry Lessons
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Mindful Math is a comprehensive, 11-unit math curriculum for first grade that was designed to be teacher and student-friendly. It was created to give teachers a ready-to-teach math curriculum that is fun, engages minds, and leaves students knowledgeable and fluent in math concepts.Go from boring, coPrice $99.00Original Price $166.00Save $67.00
- Are you teaching a K-1 class and looking for a math resource you can use to teach your combined class effectively? Mindful Math is a comprehensive math curriculum for kindergarten & first grade that was designed to be teacher and student-friendly. It was created to give teachers a ready-to-teachPrice $188.00Original Price $313.00Save $125.00
- Are you teaching a grade 1 or grade 2 class and looking for a math resource you can use to teach your combined class effectively? Mindful Math is a comprehensive math curriculum for first grade & second grade that was designed to be teacher and student-friendly. It was created to give teachers aPrice $188.00Original Price $313.00Save $125.00
- Are you teaching a combined kindergarten, grade 1 or grade 2 class and looking for a math resource you can use to teach your class effectively? Are you looking to differentiate your math instruction to meet your student's needs? Mindful Math is a highly-effective, comprehensive math curriculum for kPrice $247.50Original Price $450.00Save $202.50
This Mindful Math First Grade Geometry and Fractions unit is a comprehensive math curriculum that was designed to be teacher and student-friendly and includes 10 lessons to teach geometry and fractions (2D shapes, 3D solids, composite shapes, attributes, sorting, symmetry, positional language, and writing/reading basic fractions).
It was created to give teachers a ready-to-teach math curriculum that is fun, engages minds, and leaves students knowledgeable and fluent in math concepts.
Go from boring, complicated math to lessons that are enjoyable, effective, and easy to use. This comprehensive, differentiated unit has everything you need to teach the second-grade standards.
This ready-to-teach unit of teacher-tested, hands-on math curriculum provides teachers with EVERYTHING they need to teach second-grade math with no need to supplement from other sources.
Mindful MATH includes thoughtful lessons and activities to help meet the needs of different learning styles. Students will have many opportunities to learn and practice new strategies and develop math fluency through whole group warm-ups, lessons, mental math, journal prompts, math centers, math games, and more.
This is included in Mindful Math for 1st grade. Check out the Mindful MATH First Grade Curriculum BUNDLE available at a HUGE discount NOW!
Mindful MATH for 1st Grade has what teachers LOVE!
⭐Easy to implement, effective lesson and activities that kids enjoy!
⭐Detailed, easy-to-teach lesson plans that take the guesswork out of what to teach!
⭐ALL lesson materials provided so you don't have to waste time gathering supplies!
⭐Concept posters to introduce topics so your students understand concepts more easily!
⭐A variety of activities for every lesson (math games and centers) to keep engagement high!
⭐Build math skills and develop fluency with math journals, task cards, mental math, and TONS of differentiated practice printables!
⭐2 types of assessments - Quick Check review cards + Post Tests for every lesson so you can check that your students understand what they need to know!
Teachers will create SUCCESS with all that is included with every unit of Mindful MATH!
↑↑↑ See the PREVIEW PDF for a detailed look at the lessons and what is included in this curriculum bundle! ↑↑↑
An explanation of the parts of a lesson plan and how they can be used.
A list of the 8-11 math lessons included and what curriculum standards they cover with the US Common Core, as well as B.C.'s and Ontario's curriculum.
Mindful MATH lesson plans provide teachers with a detailed plan to follow from start to finish. Instructions for whole group math lessons, individual math practice, and follow up activities are given. Also included are lesson goals, vocabulary, questions to ask, material list, and book suggestions to match concepts.
All the extra materials needed for teaching a lesson and student practice are provided. Math manipulatives and tools, such as words, ten frames, number lines, are included to support students and the lesson.
Chart pieces and Concept Posters are provided to support lesson instruction.
⭐Warm-Up Task Cards
Mindful Math task cards are short math warm-up activities that students can complete independently. There are a variety of tasks that build on skills previously taught in other lessons to build fluency.
Mindful Math Journal Prompts are perfect for a warm-up activity, for extra practice, or for homework. Each prompt reviews the skills and concepts taught in the previous lesson. They make a great review activity and help build math understanding.
Mindful Math mental math cards are perfect for building mental math skills and quick recall of important math concepts. Mental math cards are provided and suggested to use as a whole group as a warm-up activity.
Every lesson in Mindful Math includes practice printable pages for students to complete independently following a lesson. The pages help build math skills and review important concepts. The pages range in difficulty to allow for differentiation.
⭐Hands-On Activities (Math Centers and Games)
Each lesson includes math games, activities, and centers. The lesson plans and activity cards provide instructions on how to use.
Mindful Math Quick Checks are assessments that can be performed after math lessons and practice. Each Quick Check includes a short activity for individual or small groups to complete and show to the teacher.
Post-tests are also included for more formal assessment. Also includes a template to keep track of student scores.
⭐Supplemental Materials (Answer Key & Book List, & Canadian pages)
Answer keys are provided to help teachers assess and check the practice printable pages, as well as the pre & post-test assessments.
A suggested book list is provided with children’s literature to help teach math concepts.
Extra pages are provided for Canadian teachers with Canadian spelling and content (coins and money, for example).
USA BUYERS: The curriculum aligns with the U.S. Common Core standards. This unit covers Second Grade standards and builds on to those skills with challenges and rigor.
CANADIAN BUYERS: Mindful Math also aligns with the Canadian math curriculum in British Columbia and Ontario (Curriculum standards are included and matched to lessons within the product).
**EXTRA PAGES FOR CANADIAN CONTENT AND SPELLING ARE PROVIDED.**
Lessons Included in this 1st Grade Unit:
- Identify, name, and describe 2D shapes
- Identify, name, and describe 3D shapes
- Identify, describe, and compare 2D & 3D shapes in the environment
- Analyze, compare, & sort 2D & 3D shapes based on attributes
- Compose and decompose 2D & 3D shapes & replicate composite shapes
- Describe relative positions of objects using positional language
- Locate and describe objects that have symmetry
- Halves, fourths, quarters, wholes. Equal & unequal parts
- Partition whole objects into equal parts and describe
- Identifying & writing basic fractions
A FEW of the ENGAGING & MINDS-ON activities included in Geometry & Fractions:
- Tons of differentiated practice printables
- Math journal prompts
- Task cards
- Quick check assessments
- Geoboard cards
- Tangram pictures
- Pattern Block symmetry
- Name that Shape board game
- Shape Bingo
- Fraction puzzles
- Build a fraction pizza
- Positional language Create a Scene mat
- Shape poems
- Symmetry Scoot
- Shape clip cards
How do you set it up and organize all the materials?
Check out the info guide HERE! See a breakdown of what is included, how to use, implement, and organize it and read the frequently asked questions.
How do you differentiate with Mindful Math?
Mindful Math includes many opportunities and options for differentiation. Lessons encourage students to show their understanding in different ways and practice math concepts with or without supports. The curriculum includes many practice pages with different levels of difficulty, as well as a variety of activities, games, and centers.
Are digital resources included in this curriculum?
This is a printable program, however, you can now create your own digital activities using the TPT Digital Tool to assign pages to Google Classroom by clicking the ‘Create Digital Activity’ button of the product page.
Check out other first grade Mindful Math units:
Numbers to 100 & 120 First Grade
Measurement & Time First Grade
You might also be interested in:
Mindful MATH Kindergarten Curriculum BUNDLE
Mindful MATH Second Grade Curriculum BUNDLE
Math In A Minute - Addition Fact Practice
Math In A Minute - Subtraction Fact Practice
Looking for Social-Emotional Learning lessons and activities? Check out the curriculum that is needed in ALL classrooms -> The BEST-SELLING mind+heart curriculum available for K-2 and grades 3-5. This curriculum would make the perfect addition to your SEL instruction!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft