The Daily Math
work packet is designed for students in Grade 2. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers.
Each Daily Math monthly packet will feature 30 or 31 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The skill set addressed in this packet involves number sense with numbers above 50 but less than 100. The following skills are addressed in the October
- Counting and writing the number of items in a given set;
- Identifying the numbers that come before and after a given
- Identifying the numbers that are 10 more, 10 less, 1 more and 1 less
than a given number;
- Identifying the missing addition or subtraction symbol that makes a
given equation true (sums and numbers to 20);
- Identifying the missing number in an addition or subtraction
equation (sums and numbers to 20);
- Solving addition and subtraction equations (with numbers and sums
- Identifying and colouring in even and odd numbers;
- Comparing numbers to 100;
- Ordering numbers from least to greatest;
- Counting forwards from a given number;
- Counting backwards from a given number (50 or less);
- Skip counting forwards and backwards by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s;
- Representing numbers to 100 (tens frames, base ten blocks);
- Counting money amounts (with and without the penny);
- Telling and representing time to the hour and half-hour;
- Creating patterns with and without a given pattern sequence;
- Identifying and colouring everyday 3D objects.
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for November's Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for other Grade 2 Daily Math?
Grade 2 September Daily Math