If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool to complement each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 10 focuses on comparing fractions. Lessons include comparing fractions with like numerators, comparing fractions with like denominators, equivalent fractions, comparing fractions on number lines, and ordering fractions. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NF.2, 3.NF.3, 3.NF.3.a, 3.NF.b, and 3.NF.c.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
10-1: Using Models to Compare Fractions: Same Denominator
10-2: Using Models to Compare Fractions: Same Numerator
10-3: Comparing Fractions Using Benchmarks
10-4: Comparing Fractions on the Number Line
10-5: Finding Equivalent Fractions
10-6: Equivalent Fractions and the Number Line
10-7: Whole Numbers and Fractions
10-8: Using Fractions
10-9: Problem Solving- Draw a Picture
If you like this product, please check out my other EnVisions Math Inspired power point products. For product news and updates, follow my store!
Grade 3 Topic 9 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 11 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***