If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and are inspired by the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the third grade math objectives. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool and complement each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 14 focuses on measuring area. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.MD.5, 3.MD.6, and 3.MD.7.a,b,c.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
14-1 Covering Regions
14-2 Area and Units
14-3 Standard Units
14-4 Area of Squares and Rectangles
14-5 Area and the Distributive Property
14-6 Problem-Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem
14-7 Area of Irregular Shapes
14-8 Same Area, Different Perimeter
14-9 Equal Areas and Fractions
14-10 Problem Solving: Selecting Appropriate Measurement Units
If you like this product, please consider the other titles in my Grade 3 EnVisions Math Inspired Power Point lessons series. They make planning and teaching math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 12 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 13 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 15 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***