If you are teaching the Grade 3 Topic 16 EnVisions Math Common Core Version lessons, this power point is a great resource to complement your instruction. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the third grade math objectives. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 16 is focused on data, measurement and graphing. This includes interpretation of data, graphing data, drawing conclusions based on graphs, and creating word problems based on graphs. The graphs used are line plots, pictographs and bar graphs. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.MD.3 and 3.MD.4.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
16-1: Line Plots
16-2: Length and Line Plots
16-3: Reading Pictographs and Bar Graphs
16-4: Making Pictographs
16-5: Making Bar Graphs
16-6: Problem Solving: Use Tables and Graphs to Draw Conclusions
If you like this product, consider the other products in this series! They make teaching math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 14 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 15 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***