If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 7 centers on division meanings. Lessons include division as sharing, writing division equations, writing division stories, using the multiplication table to solve division problems, and problem solving by drawing pictures. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.OA.2; 3.OA.3; 3.OA.4; and 3.OA.6.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
7-1: Division as Sharing
7-2: Division as Repeated Subtraction
7-3: Finding Missing Numbers in a Multiplication Table
7-4: Problem Solving- Choose an Appropriate Equation
7-5: Writing Division Stories
7-6: Problem Solving- Use Objects and Draw a Picture
If you like this product, check out the other products in the Grade 3 EnVisions Math Inspired Power Point Series. They make planning and teaching math lessons as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 6 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 8 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topics 9 and 10 EnVisions Power Point Lessons Bundle
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***