The Daily Math
work packet is designed for students in Grade 3. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers (the Canadian content is in terms of money).
Each Daily Math monthly packet will feature 30 or 31 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
As this packet is designed to be used in September, the skills students practice for the exercise pages are based on the skills learned in Grade 2. The following skills are addressed in the September
- Counting and writing the number of items in a given set;
- Identifying the numbers that come before and after a given
- Identifying the numbers that are 10 more, 10 less, 1 more and 1 less
than a given number;
- Identifying the missing addition or subtraction symbol that makes a
given equation true (double digit sums to 100);
- Identifying the missing number in an addition or subtraction
equation (double digit sums to 100)
- Solving addition and subtraction equations (double digit sums to 100);
- Identifying and colouring in even and odd numbers;
- Ordering numbers from least to greatest;
- Ordering numbers from greatest to least;
- Counting forwards from a given number;
- Counting backwards from a given number (50 or less);
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for Grade 3 October Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Grade 2 September Daily Math