***SAVE 20% by purchasing my NF INB Bundle!***
Looking for a way to make your math lessons/centers more engaging for your students? Looking to increase the amount of writing in math and application of skills? Use interactive notebooks!
This Common Core Aligned bundle includes activities for the following standard:
5.NF.4: Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication to multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
- Interpret the product (a/b) x q as a parts of a partition of q into b equal parts; equivalently, as the result of a sequence of operations a x q ÷ b.
- Find the area of a rectangle with fractional side lengths by tiling it with unit squares of the appropriate unit fraction side lengths, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths. Multiply fractional side lengths to find areas of rectangles, and represent fraction products as rectangular areas.
* 8 Activities:
- Interpreting Models
- Using Bar Models - TWO VERSIONS!
- Using Area Models - TWO VERSIONS!
- Computation Flips: Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers
- Computation Flips: Multiplying Fractions
- Computation Flips: Multiplying with Mixed Numbers
- Determining Area
- Writing to Explain
* A Teacher Guide for EACH activity that includes directions, colored photograph samples, and answer keys
These activities can be used as guided practice, independent practice, morning work, homework, or in centers. Each activity varies in rigor and helps students dig deeper into the standard in an engaging and meaningful way.
Be sure to download the preview to see how I use them in my classroom and for a sample of each activity!
**Please consider following me so you'll receive updates on when the other versions are released.**
**Please consider leaving feedback!**
Thank you! :)
NOTE: While I always strive for accuracy, I am human and can make editing mistakes. If you find anything that needs correcting, please send me a message immediately. I would be happy to correct and upload a new file before you rate it! :) Thank you in advance.