***SAVE 20% by purchasing my NF INB Bundle!***
Looking for a way to make your math lessons/centers more engaging for your students? Looking to increase the amount of writing in math and application of skills? Use interactive notebooks!
This Common Core Aligned bundle includes activities for the following standard:
5.NF.5: Interpret multiplication as scaling (resizing), by:
- Comparing the size of a product to the size of one factor on the basis of the size of the other factor, without performing the indicated multiplication.
- Explaining why multiplying a given number by a fraction greater than 1 results in a product greater than the given number (recognizing multiplication by whole numbers greater than 1 as a familiar case); explaining why multiplying a given number by a fraction less than 1 results in a product smaller than the given number; and relating the principle of fraction equivalence a/b = (n × a)/(n × b) to the effect of multiplying a/b by 1.
* 6 Activities:
- Product Sort
- Comparing Products - TWO VERSIONS!
- Ordering Products
- True or False? (Correcting Comparisons) - TWO VERSIONS!
- Word Problems
- Writing to Explain
* A Teacher Guide for EACH activity that includes directions, colored photograph samples, and answer keys
These activities can be used as guided practice, independent practice, morning work, homework, or in centers. Each activity varies in rigor and helps students dig deeper into the standard in an engaging and meaningful way.
Be sure to download the preview to see how I use them in my classroom and for a sample of each activity!
**Please consider following me so you'll receive updates on when the other versions are released.**
**Please consider leaving feedback!**
Thank you! :)
NOTE: While I always strive for accuracy, I am human and can make editing mistakes. If you find anything that needs correcting, please send me a message immediately. I would be happy to correct and upload a new file before you rate it! :) Thank you in advance.