This activity is designed to have the students practice graphing the inverse of a function by hand. In this way students can gain a better understanding of inverse functions.
1. Students have learned the basics of functions
2. Students have learned functional notation
2. Students understand the definition of inverse functions
3. Students know how to read graphs.
4. Students know how to graph by hand
Students are given the graph of a function and they are asked to graph its inverse. Students should understand that the x and y values for each point on the original graph are interchanged in the graph of the inverse.