This activity is designed to help students with graphing Square Root equations or functions by translating y=SqRt(x) horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. This activity also gets students up and about.
Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the function on the bottom of the page. After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they graph the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Alternative: Have student find the equation for a graph.
Included in this purchase are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards for use as a walk-around activity
- A shorter version with only 6 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
- Absent Student Version
- To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes blank graphs, and another with just boxes.
- On blank 15 by 15 graph paper
No surprise here, view the preview to see exactly what you are purchasing.
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work